Hello Bloonix Forum!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello Bloonix Forum!

I am consultant who got to know about Bloonix a few weeks ago because of a client that used the system and was interested in additional plugins. I have been diving into the code a lot since then (covering the server, agents, satellites, plugin infrastructure and webgui) and would like to say I am impressed with the skill, thought, and effort that went into the development of the system.

Congratulations and thanks for open-sourcing bloonix.

I’ve been using google translate to read this forum and have this question about the python3 rewrite.

Will it make the current perl version obsolete?
    • Welcome :)

dr3ad wrote:

I’ve been using google translate to read this forum and have this question about the python3 rewrite.

Will it make the current perl version obsolete?

Not completly. Only the server components (bloonix-server, webgui, wtrm, satellites) will be rewritten in Python 3. The agent and plugins (checks) will not be rewritten. The reason is simple: Python 3 doesn't exist on many older linux distributions, so we stay with Perl 5, because it's backward compatible to legacy systems like Debian Squeeze, CentOS 5, CentOS 6 and so on.